Here you can find some of the most common questions and answers.
What is Acumatica?
Acumatica is a cloud-based ERP software solution. ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning, but in simple terms, it’s a full-featured mulit-user software application that enables businesses to function. At its core, Acumatica contains all the necessary Accounting functions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable along with a General Ledger. It also contains inventory and (purchase and sales) order management and a wealth of other modules to support every aspect of business. It comes in several industry editions including, but not limited to, eCommerce, Manufacturing, and Construction.
Does Acumatica HAVE to run in the cloud?
No. While it is designed to be hosted in the cloud (i.e. Amazon Web Services and similar) it also can be installed on a local server. Often, developers install an instance on a laptop to be able to design, code, and test off-line.
What do I need to install to be able to run Acumatica on my PC?
For Acumatica 2019 R2, you will need:
- Enable Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Microsoft Visual Studio – Community Edition – 2019 or newer recommended
- .Net Framework 4.7.1 for 2020 R1 and R2 or .Net Framework 4.8 for 2020R1
- Microsoft SQL Server – Developer Edition
- Acumatica 2019 R2 (the actual Acumatica software – 2019 R2 is in the folder 19.2)